Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 31: Heart Burn

New caveats about the Strands program.  The GPS dropped out during the last half mile or so of my workout today, so I thought I had only gone 2.75 miles, and I actually went about 3.25 miles.  Uhm that's more than a 5K for those of you who were interested.  It's like the personal trainer who texts while you're doing lunges.  Anyhow, luckily I remembered what I did, and I estimate that I ran something like a half mile after my GPS bailed on me.  Mapmyrun.com says that I ran 4.09 miles, but I think that's too much because I finished it in 47 minutes, and that would be a lot faster than I felt like I was running/walking, so I'm going to go with 3.25.  I was going for shaving some time off of my mile pace, and maybe I did, but we'll never know because I don't know exactly how far I went.

I experienced something running today that I hardly ever experience running or not running: heartburn.  After a block and a half of running, I would get a burning sensation in my throat/chest that was just like heartburn, and then it would calm down when I walked, and then got worse again when I ran again.  I had a veggie sub from subway for lunch, and I guess it was the peppers on it that did that, which means no more of those on days I run.

Pretty good day, pretty good.  I'm looking forward to doing some more exploring around Provo on Friday!

The Workout:
All Over - 9th East, Campus, Kiwanis
3.25 miles (but probably more) in 47 minutes
14:30 (but probably less) mile pace

No comments:

Post a Comment