Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 34: Adventures in the Tree Streets

I returned in earnest to running today, and ran roughly a 5K in 42 minutes.  Not too shabby for just recovering from shin splints.  My goal will be to run a 5K in under 40 minutes by the time I run my first 5K race in July.  I can do that without actually running the whole thing, and I don't think being able to flat out run it is a reasonable goal for me at this point.  I will be able to do it eventually, though.  I'm just going to keep at it, and I know that I will eventually get there.  


Today's run was fun because it was an adventure to places I have never been before.  As such I ended up on a few dead end streets, but it was worth it.  I got lost, discovered a disused street with nothing but grass on either side, and came out by seven peaks.  I went back home, ran around Kiwanis park, and then stretched in the outfield of the baseball field before heading back to shower and go to Institute.


Very few people I know at work exercise regularly, and my family has never been good at that sort of thing.  I was just thinking about that today.  I can't imagine a life where I DON'T exercise at least a few times a week; it's so natural now.  Yet this time last year I struggled to get to the gym even once a week, if that.  And I certainly didn't take care of myself nutritionally.  I'm so glad I'm taking care of this before I'm married with children so that my future family doesn't have to deal with me having those unhealthy habits.  


Anyhow, not much to say other than that.




Tree Streets
3.06 miles in 42ish minutes
13:43 mile pace

No comments:

Post a Comment