Monday, August 23, 2010

Blistered

I have been off the wagon due to a sinus infection of a few weeks ago that legitimately had me down for a few weeks, and now still has me down because I lost the habit of working out frequently.  But I'm here to recommit to you to get back on the horse. I went swimming once last week, and was impressed by my ability to swim repeated laps without inhaling any water.

My plan is to start C25K again next week.  MWF I am going to get up early and re-start the C25K program from Day 1 Week 1 and work on my arms with weight training.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm going to swim and do legs and core with weight training. This week I plan on swimming at least 3 times, but no running for me this week.  I may try to incorporate weight training as well this week just to get used to it, but we'll see how things go.

The shoes I wore yesterday to church put BLISTERS on my feet.  Actual pus-filled blisters on the weight-bearing balls of my foot.  You know, that part that you're supposed to run on.  It has affected my gait already to the point that my left ankle feels all funny, and last thing I want to do is run funny on them and further screw up my ankles.  Besides, it HURTS.

Sad face.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment