Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Inner Coach

Three minutes of straight running, kiddos.  That's what comes with week 3.  It's not bad at all, but I recall not being able to do week 3 on the road even after finishing week 5 on the treadmill.  Now the treadmill is on that 3.0% grade to simulate actual real outdoors running, so this is an accomplishment.

You gotta hold on to those little things, ya know?

Another milestone today is that my positive thinking inner-coach finally showed up.  I know 3 minutes sounds like such a short amount of time to go through anything, but it seems to just DRAG on while I'm running.  Tonight, I just kept telling myself really positive things, and I got through it.   It even seems easy now, looking back on it.  I just kept telling myself that I could do it and that three minutes isn't really that long until I was done. The second three-minute stretch seemed a lot better because I already KNEW I could do it.  It was a great feeling.

Workout:
C25K W3D1
Distance: 1.65 mi
Time: 28:00 min
Sensation: Satisfaction

1 comment:

  1. Positive Not-Your-Self-Talk: You can do this!I'm so happy that you're progressing! Yay!

    ReplyDelete