Thursday, July 8, 2010

Morning

Today I walked a little over a mile, just as a brief workout.  I thought about doing two miles, but I thought I'd just keep it light since in two days I'll be asking a lot of my poor little body.  Just a little walk to keep the blood flowing.

This is the first time I've exercised in the morning since I started, and although it was nice, I don't think I'll stick with this.  If it were this temperature in the afternoon, that would be great, but in the morning I'm just not quite as motivated.  I think I need a little more of the stress of the day to push me forward.  Whatever it is, I'm just not nearly as focused in the morning.

I discovered that the tennis courts behind my apartment are quite crowded early in the morning, and that lots of people in the surrounding residential areas like to do yard work early in the morning.  And the ones that work in the afternoons don't say hi to me, but one of them this morning did.  

I am still sore from Tuesday afternoon, including my abs.  My abs have never been sore from running before, so that must have been every bit as intense as it seemed!  Then I decided to work on my freestyle stroke last night at the pool, so add slight shoulder soreness to every other part of my body.  I really need to take it easy until Saturday, though.  I don't know what's gotten into me this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment