Thursday, January 27, 2011

Always Easier the Second Week

'Tis true.  I don't know what it is about it, but the second week is always oh so much easier than the first week.  I just don't think my legs like changing speeds very often, so the 2 minutes walking to 90 seconds running intervals allow me to get into a better cadence.  Also, 90 seconds of running at a time isn't very much, so it's still very easy aerobically-speaking.

Whatever it is, week 2 was the easiest week for me last time, and it still seems to be true this time around.

I owe part of that to my bud Madison, who gave me stretching pointers.  Ya know, not on her blog, but still, it was helpful.  Basically, I abandoned the whole "stretch before running" attitude, and now jog lightly for five minutes prior to stretching, then proceed to my usual workout.  Much less tightness now.

Today on the treadmill, I watched Arizona vs. UCLA.  I cheered for Arizona because BYU beat them, but maybe I should have cheered for UCLA because they beat BYU and they apparently needed it more.  I guess I need to get better at picking out the losers so I can have a more exciting time.

Also, my "run like the wind" anthem that really motivated me today was I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters, which I discovered via Emily, the same one who took the pretty pictures in my Lavender 5K entry and helped me get through the end of the race by showing up at just the right moment to cheer me on.

Okay, well I've plugged enough music and blogs for one entry, so here are the stats:

C25K W2D1
Distance: 1.77 miles
Time: 29:00
Feeling: Accomplished, yet adequately sore.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I don't think I've ever been plugged before :) Congrats on your inspiring progress!

    ReplyDelete