Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 18: Spiritual and Physical Exercise

The semester is getting very busy these days, and I am actually posting this from work the day after my workout, which I guess has been typical lately.  It's okay, though.  If I'm not using how busy I am NOW as an excuse to not go to the gym, I don't foresee anything that could keep me away in the future, barring major injuries.


I'm thinking about implementing a "diet."  There's a reason that word has four letters, but the diet I'm considering isn't really a diet.  I'm cutting out bad stuff one thing at a time.  I'm going to start with high fructose corn syrup.  Then I'm going to work towards harder stuff like snacking healthier, eating more frequent small meals, stuff like that.  Whatever I do, it will be very LOOSELY regimented.  Because my body really rebels when it hears dirty words like "diet."  I swear, I could put on ten pounds by just chanting that word to myself a few times per day.


Back to running news.  I found out about a nice place to go running that I may try out when the weather decides to be nice to us.  It's April and snowing still here in Utah.  Well, ptth to that. 


Oh, and speaking of April, I listened to General Conference on the treadmill.  Who knew that calm voices saying inspiring things could have been better for physical activity than Black Eyed Peas and other fast-paced music?  It gave me something to focus on that wasn't my aching body or the news.   That's it, I think.


Oh yeah...  Well, I know I say this every entry, but I'm still so very proud of me for continuing with the program.  Now, that's all.

My workout was:
Week 4, Day 2
2.16 miles in 32 minutes, 2.0% incline
Average Mile Pace: 14:55

No comments:

Post a Comment