Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 16: Sweaty and Snowy

Although it was snowy outside, I was sweating like a pig in a hot tub on the treadmill yesterday afternoon.  For the first (or maybe second) time, I thought I might die on the treadmill, and envisioned my lifeless body thumping around the treadmill between 3.5 and 4.5 mph; however, that did not happen, and I am alive to tell the tale of how I COMPLETED WEEK 4!  But that dying feeling was unpleasant enough that I'll probably put off week 5 for another week, especially considering the 20 minute running interval waiting for me at the end of it.

I've decided that how much I sweat at the gym depends on which treadmill I pick.  Some of the treadmills are right under a fan, and I don't sweat at all on those.  Some treadmills are far away from the fans, and those are the ones in which I think I'm going to die of heat stroke whilst the snow falls gently outside.  The catch is that some treadmills have working TV's with working closed captioning, and those are the ONLY treadmills I will run on.

I impress myself every time I run.  Seriously?  The thought of me running two miles in half an hour at the beginning of this program was just out of the question.  And now I can totally do it.  In a few weeks I'll be doing even more.  In a few months, I'll be running three miles straight with no walking.

And?  And?  I at thirty miles.  In twenty more, I'm buying some sweet running kicks.  And guess what?  They will be VERY well deserved!

My workout was:
Week 4, Day 3
2.09 miles in 32 minutes, 2.0% incline
Average Mile Pace: 15:05

No comments:

Post a Comment