Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 28: Boredom and Change

Sean reminded me this evening that the greater the challenge, the greater the satisfaction when you accomplish it.  That was a good thing to remember, because this running on the road in real life is a lot harder than running on the treadmill.

I'm back to week 3, and it was actually kind of hard.  My ankles hurt now for the first time since the first time I did week 3, but I know that cardiovascularly I can handle this.  I have done it before.  I have overcome more than I thought I ever would, and I can do it again.

I ran around the park again today, and it was hard, but I was pretty much able to do all of week 3.  I'm just going to find a flatter place to run and then continue the training program from week 3.  I've also considered doing three miles three times a week with as much running as I can.  The end result will still be finishing a 5K, but I won't have a regimented schedule for doing it.  I may also start swimming and/or taking fitness classes at the gym just to not be doing couch to 5K all the time.

Whatever happens, I am staying active.  In fact, I'm kicking it up a notch.  I bought a new food journal.  Yuck.  But I'm going to do it, at least for a week or so, just to see my patterns and force myself to think more about what I'm putting into my body.

The Workout
Outside, Kiwanis Park
2.2 miles
35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment