Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 19: Luxurious Update from the Office

Week 4 is still not easy, but it's about as hard as Week 3 was the second week I did it, so I have decided to give Week 5 a try next week...  With the caveat that I may do each day as its own week.  Seriously, that 20 minute run at the end of the week INTIMIDATES me.  


I saw signs up today for several 5K and 1 mile races in May, and the thoughts that I may be able to run and finish at least the mile races by the time they happen makes me so happy!  Is that thought enough for me to sign up?  No.  I've improved my attitude quite a bit since I've started, but I still don't think I could quite take finishing last in a race right now, which is the probable outcome given my experience with running so far.  That, and the fact that I've never run off of a treadmill before.  


I did a stupid thing tonight unrelated to running.  Institute is over, and yet I showed up anyway.  Nope, no institute tonight.  But since I was on campus I decided to go to my office and work on stuff.  I can blame it on my being a glutton for punishment and on my finding a SWEET parking spot right next to the door of the building.  Also, I love how quiet it is here at night; it's like I can actually get work done without constant interruptions.  I then decided it might be luxurious to update this blog on the huge iMac in my office the day of my workout rather than my crappy 15" laptop the day after, but now I think it might be time to resist the glow of the screen and work on something more productive.


My workout was:
Week 4, Day 3
2.12 miles in 32 minutes, 2.0% incline
Average Mile Pace: 15:03

No comments:

Post a Comment