Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 21: Success vs. Failure

I am in a horrible mood right now because I studied all last week (working overtime so to do) and did horribly on the test I was studying for even though I worked really hard and I felt I did well on it.  Not that I would even care about the grade I'm getting in this class right now except I really need a B to pass it so that I can continue with graduate school.  I just don't know what I'll do if I can't continue with this.  I have never felt so inadequate in my whole life...


Meanwhile I still went on a run today.  I don't even know if it was even worth it to go because maybe I should have studied with that extra hour that I spent running on the treadmill.  No, just kidding.  I know that no matter how much I had studied for that exam, I would have gotten the same score as always.  I wish I hadn't spent so much time preparing for it, because I got the same score on this test as on the tests that I barely studied for at all and felt like I barely understood.  Seriously, guys, I flew through the homework like it was child's play, did great on the quizzes, and now taking the test I get a crappy grade.  I really don't get it.


Okay, back to running.  THAT was easier than I expected.  It's another one of those moments where I wonder if I can do it, and then I do it and it's not even that hard.  I may really actually pull off that twenty minute run on Wednesday.  I'm going to go for it!  


You know, it's times like these that I'm really glad I have running in my life so there's something I'm succeeding at.


My workout was:
Week 5, Day 2
2.08 miles in 31 minutes, 2.0% incline
Average Mile Pace: 14:57

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the test, but yay for the running progress.

    To paraphrase Julian of Norwich, remember: All shall be well, and all will be well, and everything everywhere shall be well. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete