Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 11: Stranded in Week 3.25

I wanted to start week 4 today because well, I technically finished week 3; however, that did not happen.  Actually, I started week 4, but then I thought I might die with crazy tightness in my calves, so after the first run/walk cycle I switched back to week 3 intervals.  Overall, the workout WAS a little more intense than your usual week 3 because I went further in the same amount of time, but it was definitely closer to week 3 intensity than week 4.  Plan: Stay on week 3 one more week, then re-try week 4.


I hereby give myself permission to stay back where I know I can be successful for as long as it takes me to get strong enough to challenge myself even further.


It took me years and years to get as out of shape as I am.  I can't expect to reverse it overnight.  I must NOT get discouraged.


I'm doing yoga every now and then, and it's a lot harder than it looks.  I thought running was hard!  I already see benefits from yoga, though, and the instructor in the videos I have always says ways to alter the poses if you're just starting and continually says, "it's okay if you can't quite get there yet."  Also, between the running and the yoga I sleep like a baby.


To end on a positive note, I had an awfully stressful and intense week, but this training has given me something to look forward to at the end of the day and helped me to cope with it much better than I ordinarily would.  I no longer feel like my life is go to work, go home, go to work, go home.  All I needed was something to work towards and look forward to.  Who knew it would ever be a physical activity?


My workout today was:
Week 3.25 ish
1.78 miles in 28 minutes, 2.0% incline
Walk Speed: 3.5 mph

Jog Speed: 4.5 mphTotal Distance: 20.63 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment