Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 7: At the First Sign of Difficulty

I'm getting more accustomed to working out with the C25K app on the iPhone, and the more I use it, the more I like it.  I now turn on the iPod before anything else, do some stretches, and then start the actual C25K app right as I start up the treadmill.  I've figured out that by doing this I can still hear both the cues and my music, and I can actual change what song I'm listening to using my headphones without ever touching my phone.  On Monday I tried to run without even looking at the screen, knowing that it would ding anyway, but last night I did both.  I watched TV or watched the aerobics class in the next room during my workout, but when it seemed like I'd been on the same interval for awhile, I looked down at my phone screen to see how much time I really had left.   It's a happy medium.

The week 2 workout is still challenging for me.  I mean, I make it through just fine, but my calves feeeeeeel it by the end, and my legs are sore today.  No pain, mind you, just soreness.  Around minute 12 I start to want it to be done and over with.  It is this feeling that makes me wonder if I'm fit to move on to week 3; however I recall having this same feeling when deciding whether or not to move on to week 2, and upon doing so, realized it wasn't that bad.  By the fifteen minute mark I've usually hit my second wind and feel like I could go on for hours and hours, so I just have to remind myself that if I push through the hard parts, I will get to that nice endorphin feeling at the end where I want to take over the world with my brute strength.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow.  If I'm super stressed with school, I'll let that stress propel me through week 3.  If not, I may just stick with week 2, or perhaps invent a week 2.5.  :)

My workout today:
Week 2, Day 3
1.83 miles in 29 minutes, 2.0% incline
5 minute warmup (3.5 mph)
90 seconds running (4.5 mph)
2 minutes walking (3.5 mph)
(repeat 5 times)
3 more minutes of walking (cool-down)
Total Distance: 13.55 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment