Sunday, March 14, 2010

Two Inches

Somewhere along the line with trying to avoid eating foods that make me feel gross on the treadmill and running consistently three times a week, I lost two inches off my waist since November.

I don't usually measure myself in any way while I'm working out, either on the scale or with measuring tape, but I bought a new pair of pants forever ago and finally got around to hemming them this weekend, and when I put them on, they were HUGE on me, even though they're the same size of pants I've worn since pretty much high school.  Anyhow, it was a pleasant discovery and sparked my wearing a dress to church this afternoon that I haven't worn in almost a year because I have been too self-conscious to wear it.

This wasn't my goal in running, but it is a very welcome side-effect!

2 comments: