Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 3: By Small and Simple Means

By small and simple means are great things brought to pass. I've decided that that statement is true, but possibly could be amended to end with the phrase, "through consistency." I'm really proud of myself for persevering this far, even on a Monday. Of course, allowing myself to work out in the evening hours also helps. It's really not the most efficient way of doing it, but I'm trying to let go of efficiency for the sake of my sanity and personal progress.

I had a little tiny bit of "pain" in my left ankle near minute 20 of my workout today. Just thought that was notable. It wasn't really painful, but there was pulling that shouldn't have been there. I stopped for a second, rotated my ankle a few times, and that didn't really hurt. I just think my ankle muscles aren't used to this sort of activity.

Lucky for me, in physical therapy with me is a girl with shin splints, and I've been spying on her exercises. I'm sure whatever you do to repair shin splints would also be great to prevent them... I'm going to do ankle-strengthening exercises with my exercise band on my off-days starting tomorrow, and hopefully that will prepare me for the abuse that lies ahead.

Day 3:
5 min warm-up walk (3.1 mph)
60 seconds running (4.1 mph)
90 seconds walking (3.1 mph)
35 min., 2.0% incline, treadmill at Gold's Gym in Provo
Distance Traveled: 1.99 miles
Total Distance: 5.91 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment