Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 4: The Invention of Week 1.5

So rather than going to week 2, I decided to invent a week of exercises with an intensity somewhere between week 1 and week 2.  You know, for the more spudly couch potatoes out there.  Unfortunately, I think it may have been too easy.  With the exception of the beginning of the workout, in which I thought I might die.

Actually, I had the program wrong, turns out.  I don't know what week that workout would have been in, but what I did at the beginning of my workout was a higher concentration of running than week 2.  I may actually do the real week 2 on Friday.  Which means that the couch to 5K program as written may not be too hard for me to actually do in the time scale prescribed!

Here's what I did:

5 minutes walking
90 seconds jogging (4.0 mph)
60 seconds walking (3.0 mph)
(repeat 90/60 until minute 20)
60 seconds jogging (4.0 mph)
90 seconds walking (3.0 mph)
(repeat until minute 35)
Time: 35 minutes
Distance: 1.99 miles
Total Distance:  7.90 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment